On my very first web page, written in 1995 while I was still homeless, I wrote “Home is where the heart is. These are the projects where I live.” I now live in a one-bedroom apartment with my husband, Dr. Wes Browning, and Kahea aka “the cutest kitty in the world.” I still have a lot of projects.
- SHARE/WHEEL homeless organizing
Homeless and formerly homeless men and women working together for survival, dignity and community.
- SHARE (Seattle Housing and Resource Effort) President of the Board of Directors
- WHEEL (Women’s Housing, Equality and Enhancement League) member of the Executive Committee
- Founding member of WHEEL Women in Black (WiB) and the Homeless Remembrance Project (HRP). Designed and maintain the HRP project website and Fallen Leaves.
- Real Change Homeless Empowerment Project
Mission: Real Change exists to provide opportunity and a voice for low-income and homeless people while working for economic and social justice.
- Member of the Board of Directors
- Member of the Editorial Committee
- Member of the Homeless Speaker Bureau
- Contributing writer (and poet)
- Facilitator of computer workshops and writing workshops
- Friend of Nickelsville
- Seattle Raging Granny
- Member of the 37th District Democrats and former PCO (Precinct Committee Officer) of Precinct 37/2686
- Member of the Washington State Progressive Caucus
- Participant in the Seattle Housing Authority (SHA) Residents Action Council (RAC); member of the Leadership Team; designed and maintain the RAC website.
- Friend of quiet activist art group
- Participant at the Church of Mary Magdalene and Mary’s Place